The Club has a CHIT system to provide members an option to earn credits of up to $50 (10 hrs @ $5/hr) for working sanctioned work parties.
CHIT System Structure:
- Approved CHIT work parties or tasks are to be determined by each individual committee Chairman & his committee. Each committee & chairman will compile a list of tasks & share this information with the other committees including the CHIT committee. All Task Lists must be communicated to the club membership (for example, lists will be posted in the lounge and notices will appear in the monthly newsletter). Each chairman will track a member’s time at any Approved work task, and pass this information to the CHIT committee (which will function as oversight for the CHIT System). The CHIT committee will approve all member CHITs, then pass the information to the club VP, who then brings it before the E-Board. The E-Board will direct the club Secretary to keep these records. All participating members can use their CHIT hours to reduce their annual dues payment for the next year.
- Active Committee Chairmen will automatically be issued 10 hours of CHITs. Active Committee members will receive CHITs for time spent on Committee meetings & activities.
- Specific exemption noted: RO’s will not receive CHITs for RO duty time. Range Officers already receive a benefit for RO Duty time.
- The CHIT Committee will be responsible for.
- Oversight of the CHIT System as stated in #2 above including.
- Ensuring the club has enough active committees with active chairmen & members (to operate the CHIT system).
- Ensuring that these committees are posted.
- Keeping copies of various Committee generated sanctioned task lists.
- Directing Club members, seeking approved tasks, to jobs available on the
- various committee lists. (members would then contact the specific
- Committee Chairman).